Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Long, Hard March to Nowhere

So today was the March of Dimes in Houston.  Noel and I had planned to go do the 5 mile walk.

We got up early early early this morning, got dressed, and headed out the door to meet up with some of my coworkers to carpool to the site of the walk.

We got to the parking deck where we were meeting, and nobody had shown up yet.  So I checked my email, and found out that due to the threat of bad weather, they were cancelling the walk.  Sigh.

So we grumbled.  I guess I should've checked my email earlier, but really?  We knew we had to be there really early, and who is going to take time to check email that early? 

We walked anyway.


And yes, I wore black/green/orange argyle knee socks.  Why not?

In other news, we harvested the first of the sugar snap peas today!!  YUM. 

And in other other news, I saw this when stopped at a redlight this weekend.  This family relationship seems...unusual...


A golf man, a tennis woman, and 2 businessmen?  WHAT?!?!?!

No comments: