Thursday, September 2, 2010

As the Cock Crows (or Poops)

There were questions about Rooster Bingo, submitted by my dear Siswad, Rachel. Her questions basically can be categorized into one brief query:

"HUH?"

To which I say, "I dunno." I have never played Rooster Bingo, being of the camp that opposes animal-related gambling, unless the prizes are some kind of pastry. However. Based on the cage design, which looked like a bingo card painted on the floor with chicken wire around the sides, we surmise that Rooster Bingo involves either the rooster sitting on a particular spot, or leaving little Rooster Reminders on a number in the same vein as cow chip bingo (aka the national sport of Texas).

I am concerned for our monster porch tomatoes. It's getting chilly at night here, down to the mid-50s, and I fear that the Arctic temperatures are going to be the end of our tomato plants. The leaves don't seem to be perking up much, and the tomatoes don't seem to be getting any bigger. We may end up having fried green tomatoes by the time it's all over (well, Noel will, since I don't eat tomatoes except in sauce form).

My new job is going very well so far! It's an inventory project throughout the campus, so there's lots of interesting stuff to see (from cosmetology to computers to medical assisting). It's also nice to meet new people, and get some exercise. Writing can be fun (and lucrative) but also not so good for my waist size. I'm getting plenty of exercise at this job, and in fact may have Blue Ribbon thighs by the time this is all over.

No comments: