Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day.  May everyone find lots of things to be thankful for.

What are we thankful for, you ask?  Here's a top 5 list!

1.  My job, which I'm really enjoying (and which has kept me extremely busy lately).
2.  Noel's work, which he also enjoys.
3.  Our sweet little farmhouse.
4.  That we rescued little Samson and he's fitting in with the family just great.
5.  Our garden, which is still producing!
6.  My new toy!

As some of you may know, I tend to drive my cars for a while.  I've only owned 2 cars in my life, and both of them ended up with a LOT of miles on them.  The one I have now currently has over 262,000 miles on it.  That's quite a bit of road!

So last weekend, Noel and I went out to test drive a few vehicles, to see if I liked any of the new cars out on the market.  And well, we all know what happens when you "just go out to test drive a car"...

I'd like to introduce you to my new ride!



It's a 2012 Chevy Sonic!  How cute is this car!?  It looks tough in the front, right?  Like a little rally car!


But in the back it's just cuteness!! 


I've never owned a new car.  It's scary but exciting - I'm terrified I'll get a scratch on it, but I love to drive it.  it drives like a dream!  I'm so excited!

It's especially awesome since (as I mentioned) my job is keeping me very busy.  I was in Dallas 2 weeks ago, Harlingen last week, and will be going to Austin next week (for a training certification) and Dallas during the following 2 weeks.  Very busy times!  So it's fantastic to have a reliable, fun-to-drive little car for my trips.  Although I grimace when I look at the odometer.  But cars are meant to be driven, right? 

We're going to keep the little black car though - it's got so many miles on it, but still drives fine, so Noel said he could use it for local jobs to commute in.  It gets better gas mileage than his truck (but not as good as the ~40 mpg that the new car gets!). 

Other than that, things are very good.  Noel was in Corpus Christi for work for about a month, but he's back now.  We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner today and will be working on leftovers for a while!

Oh, and Loki decided this year that he LOVES turkey.  We gave him a little pinch and next thing we know, he's sniffing all over the kitchen for more.   Poe also tried a bite, but Samson just licked at a little piece.  We cleaned the kitchen up, and Loki was prowling around looking for more turkey.  This is particularly ironic since last Thanksgiving we tried giving them some turkey and they didn't want any!!

We had roasted turkey breast, dressing (with apple, onion, and cranberries), lots of gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, fried okra, and pumpkin pie.  Noel wanted blackberry cobbler too, but decided to hold off on making that til the pumpkin pie is all gone. 

It's strange having such a small Thanksgiving this year after the big event we had last year. 

Well, that's about it for us right now.  I need to go cut out a dress for our company holiday party next week!

4 comments:

Shanna Mac said...

hi. you're coming to austin. i'm in austin. will you have enough time to play? email shannariggsbee@gmail.com!!!!

Erwin Calverley said...

More than a year has passed already! How’s your car now? I have no doubt that you’re having a great time driving it because that’s what the car is designed for. It is agile and fun to drive, and it maximizes its functions for a better driving experience and road performance. Anyway, I read your recent posts, and I agree that the saree looks gorgeous. I hope you and your family are having a great time. :)

Erwin Calverley

Unknown said...

You’ve made a good choice with that Chevy Sonic! I was driving a car like that around a year ago, and it really gave me comfort and convenience. Have you ever felt like hopping onto the car and driving without a definite destination just because you really enjoy the company of your car? I remember those times, and they all felt great. I’m actually adjusting to my new car and I’m glad that my hubby has chosen a good new car for me. :)

-- Michelina Douglass

Mickey said...

I never had the love for cars but since I bought my Chevy Sonic for work, I can’t keep myself from driving! I’m enjoying the company of the car, and my friends love to hop in and just drive on the road. We do travel a lot and I like that with maintenance and care, my car won’t give up no matter how long our travels may take. Well, now I can say that I love my Chevy! :)

[ Mickey Doshi ]