Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sparkle Fairy Princess!!

So my first saree arrived yesterday!  Noel played fashion photographer:


This thing is just gorgeous!!  It's so sparkly and regal.  The fabric is even more beautiful than you can see in this photo - not only is it embroidered with sparkly stuff, it also has shimmer on the fabric itself.  I feel like a queen in it!  Now we just need to find a place where I can wear it!  :)

So the cool thing about sarees is that they're essentially just a really long piece of fabric.  You wrap it around your waist, pleat it and tuck it into the front of a petticoat, and then wind the excess around your body and over your shoulder.  The cool thing is, they sewed the petticoat to the saree, so I don't actually have to do any pleating or tucking.  It's already done for me!  Also, they sewed the matching blouse to my measurements.  It came from New Delhi through Paris and to Texas.  I am just thrilled with it. 

The other saree should be coming soon - it's a bit more casual and not so sparkly - dark blue with a dark red edging.  I just think these are such graceful and feminine garments.  :)

So some of you may have noticed in the above photo that there appears to be....less of me.  And yes!  You would be right!  I've been doing WeightWatchers since July and have lost over 40 lbs so far!  It really has been all about portion control for me.  I don't feel like I'm deprived at all, and the results are exciting to say the least.  I'm wearing clothes that I haven't worn in years, and am enjoying wearing fun clothes again, now that I feel like I can get away with them (thus the sarees!)

So that's a quick update for today.  Hope everyone had a good Mardi Gras!

No comments: