So! Exciting times here.
The first week of my job was great! I'm excited to get back to work tomorrow. :)
The weather here has been beautiful, and Noel and I have been busy doing things around town and the house/farm. Including taking pictures of random stuff!
Here are some cool motorcycles with bright lights underneath them:
This is a piece of old farm equipment that has a tree growing through it:
Our landlord likes to collect and fix old vehicles. He has about 4 on the farm here, and he showed us a 1927 Ford truck that he started up with the hand crank. He then took us for rides in it!
This morning we went for a little picnic at the main park in downtown Sealy. The flowers are beautiful!
This gorgeous Victorian house across the street from the park is surrounded by azaleas in bloom:
How is the garden, you asked? It's growing like crazy!! And watching over the garden is our resident garden gnome, Gottfried:
He's going a great job! Just check out the corn and squash!
We watched the sunset (sunsets are gorgeous here):
And then I made a peach cobbler!
This is my sister's super-easy peach cobbler recipe:
1 stick of butter
1 cup of milk
1 cup of self-rising flour
1 cup of sugar
1 large can of sliced peaches (or 2 of the regular sized cans)
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven is preheating, put the stick of butter (cut into smaller pieces) into a casserole dish & place in oven.
- Mix milk, flour, and sugar together in a bowl.
- When butter is completely melted, pour flour mixture on top of butter (it will mix in with the butter - that's fine)
- Drain the liquid off of the peaches, and place them on top of the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. Eat & enjoy!
This recipe is a small miracle to me, because the fruit bakes down while the cake part bakes up. So it ends up looking like a normal cobbler. Fancy! You can use any kind of fruit. If using fresh fruit, you may want to add some additional sugar to compensate for tartness.
Ok, so that's it for today. Hope everyone's doing well. I'd better get ready for work tomorrow!