Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lovely Boxing Day! (And Christmas Face Stuffing!)

We had a very nice low-key Christmas this year, just opening presents and watching cheesy movies on Sci Fi. Of course, this was after giving ourselves the gift of propane. We woke up to 52 degrees in the RV. Oops - our propane had run out. SO! After that was remedied, we had a lovely Christmas morning.

After we opened our presents (Noel gave me tools! Awesome!) we feasted. Oh did we feast. I made a breakfast casserole that disappeared quickly. And the cats ate their Fancy Feast that Santa brought. (Santa knows these guys really well, obviously.)

Our afternoon Christmas meal was SOOOOO good, if I do say so myself. I made a honey glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, salad, and to finish it off, yet another apple pie. We love some apple pie. And because I'm dorky, I took pictures.

Ham:


Apple Pie:


Mmmmm...gooey apple goodness....



On the day after Christmas, we took some scenic drives around the area. We saw some really cool stuff. Isn't this little church just gorgeous?


We also saw this interesting statue. I have no idea what it's supposed to represent, but it's cool. It's so fun to see random art just stuck on the side of the road somewhere!


Tomorrow: photos of our trip to Austin!

No comments: