Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mission Accomplished: Quilt!

This morning, after taking Noel to work at the chipper hour of 6 am, I came back and, turning on a book on tape (Agatha Christie's Tragedy in Three Acts), finished the binding on the quilt. It took several hours, but I managed to finish it 3 minutes before the audio book finished. Good timing! :)

I'm very proud of it - this was my first quilt, and it had been languishing for a very long time in my UFO pile (that's Un-Finished Objects, for those non-crafters out there). It required a lot of hand sewing, since I decided to do all of the quilting and binding by hand, but it was worth it. Sometimes hand sewing is really relaxing - simple, repetitive movements do that for you.



The kitties gave it their little fuzzy stamps of approval:



And it passes the ever critical nap test!



This was my Crafty Learning Activity for February, so it's finished a little late, but that's ok. My March project is also done, but I haven't taken pictures yet. I've also got April's project lined up: retro embroidery! Should be fun!

Alright, it's time to go pick up Noel from work. Bye!

No comments: