Monday, January 11, 2010

Baytown Revisited

Hi all!

We're back in Baytown, TX (on the outskirts of Houston). It looks like we'll be here for about a week or so.

Funny - whenever we come back to a big city, we're reminded of how much we like the countryside. :) It's nice to have lots of shopping and restaurants nearby, but the traffic! And the annoying people! So aggravating. At least it's getting warmer. No more frozen pipes for us! Sigh.

So far we've gone out to eat at Outback (mmmm...bloomin' onion!) and did a little shopping since we have shops here that we haven't had near our recent campgrounds (read: Michaels for knitting needles) and window shopping for fun stuff (hunting gear, etc - obviously for Noel since I can't even watch Wild Kingdom without crying).

Crafty Update: I've opened up my own Etsy shop! Etsy is a website where artisans can sell their handmade items. My shop is at www.savvyneedle.etsy.com. So far I only have 1 hat up, but I'm working on making some more stuff to put up for sale. Hopefully I can help subsidize my yarn addiction. :)

Sorry this post isn't very amusing - I'm suffering from a lack of caffeine, and I have a warm kitty sleeping on my legs so I'm just feeling so cozy and relaxed, that I can't come up with anything funny to say.

No comments: