Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mea Culpa!

I must beg forgiveness for not having blogged for the last couple of days. Truth is:

(1) The internet is attempting to teach me the values of things like Patience and Not Cussing At The Computer. (It's not working.) It does this by a fun game where it shows that there is internet to be harnessed, but then BAM! No signal! Surprise! Oh wait, yes there is a signal. *waiting waiting waiting* Site starts to download, and then BAM! No signal again. I have gotten some quality kitty petting time in during these downtimes. And also chocolate eating. And if it continues like this, also wine drinking.

(2) Noel and I are continuing to hash out the subtle nuances of turning one's life on its ear vis-a-vis night shift (I accidentally left out the F when I typed that and almost left it in there, because really? Night shift is kinda crappy.) This change in schedule really does mess you up, more than just Sleep All Day and Breakfast=Dinner. Noel needs sleep. I need sunlight. We both need sausage biscuits, and I hate serving them to him for dinner/breakfast (let's call it Brinner). We want to spend time together, but it's not easy. Even the poor New Mr. Coffee is having adjustment difficulties. I make coffee at 5:30 am before going to pick Noel up (yes, I actually get up at 5:30 am, believe it or not). It's nice to have a cup of coffee in the morning, especially when it's cold out. We come home, have Brinner, and then the debate begins: Stay up for a few hours or sleep now? Sleep now usually wins, but then he ends up being awake for several hours before going to work again, just long enough to get tired. At which point I make another pot of coffee. Poor Mr. Coffee. So tired.

Aren't you all riveted by this? Yeah, sorry. It's late and I should be in bed, but I'm taking advantage of a consistent internet signal to write!

Anyway. Enough of that.

For Brinner today, we decided to go to the local cafe. This place was awesome - one of those spots that's open from 5:30 am - 1:30 pm, and everyone knows each other. Noel and I walked in and everyone in the restaurant turned to see who we were, and then seemed confused that no one knew us. The food was EXCELLENT and cheap, and there were so many cute farmers in overalls, I just wanted to hug them all. (But I refrained, lest we get thrown out before my sausage biscuit arrived.) They had photos of local military folks on the walls, some obviously dating back to WWI & II, and more than one older man came in wearing either a Navy hat or an Air Force jacket. It was just so darned cute I could hardly stand it. We had so much food and it cost a whopping $13 and change. Gotta love that.

p.s. I didn't take a picture because...well...we stood out enough without random photography.

Other than that, Wagoner OK apparently loves Christmas. They've already put up their Christmas lights on the city lightposts. Not only that, but they're already lit. They also have a radio station playing all Christmas music.

Maybe I'm a bit of a purist, but isn't that...a bit much? I mean really. They had their decorations up 2 days before Halloween! (At least they waited til November to light them up.) Growing up, we would put up the tree at Thanksgiving, and that feels right to me still - get one holiday out of the way before you jump into another.

(Please note that this doesn't refer to Christmas gift-making, with is already in full swing here at Chez Cat Hair. But that's different. Speaking of, I hope everyone likes their Christmas knitting wrapped in a nice black cat fur haze.)

So now it's off to bed. I have more pictures to post, and will light some incense to the Internet Gods in the hope I have a good enough signal to get some of them up here!

No comments: