Saturday, November 21, 2009

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'!

We went on a juking trip today (as Noel calls it). Basically we got in the truck and drove around for several hours, taking in the sights and discovering new places.

We took a break to go to Cavender's Boot City, a western wear store, and were amazed by the variety of cowboy (and cowgirl!) boots! I figured they would have maybe 4 or 5 types: black, dark brown, light brown, rounded toe, pointy toe. Oh no, friends. They had a VAST array of boots: lime green ones, red ones, patent leather ones.



I tried on some fun ones and was so surprised at how comfy they are! Noel wanted to buy them for me, but I wouldn't let him (they're over $100 a pair, and I just couldn't justify it.)



Cavender's also had some stylin' furniture. Want something to go with your cowhide toilet seat cover? How about a table with cow horns for legs?



I have to say, these are actually pretty cool. Not sure we have room in the RV though.


We ended up after many cowfields, back in Palestine, where we couldn't help but check out some of the local architecture again. We saw this lovely and interesting house:



They have a lot of property for sale. In case you're curious about how much house you could buy in the pretty town of Palestine, TX, here you go:



Lovely, right? It was built before 1900, has over 3700 sq ft (5 bedrooms and 2.5 baths). Nice, isn't it? Wanna guess how much it's selling for?

$175,000. Really.

Noel and I found another house that we both just loved. I think it's just gorgeous, and has so much potential! Sigh. I really really REALLY would love to take this house on as a project. It was built in 1907, has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, 3 floors, and is a fixer-upper but has had some of the work completed already.



And it's only $45,000. SERIOUSLY, I KNOW.



Would anyone want to buy this house with us? You can come visit! :) Pretty please? If someone would buy it, we'd do the work and lease it back! (*sob sniff sniff* I love this house.)

No comments: